I know this isnâ€™t really a decent season review, as I am obviously not a football expert, but that isnâ€™t a reason to try to express my thoughts.
So here it goes.
- Although overall there are obvious improvements made but we are constantly inconsistent.
- Turned out that weâ€™re ok against the top 6 but lost points to newly promoted clubs which is quite obvious there is a mental problem.
- Although FA Cup is and always be special, we can only get just 1 trophy, that if we beat Chelsea in the final this weekend.
- Our goalkeeper is again the best player of the year for 4 years in a row. Either he is truly a superman, or the rest of the squad are just bang average and not good enough.
- Our youngsters, if handle correctly, might rule the English football for years to come. Seriously, we have talents like Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard, Eric Bailly, and Paul Pogba.
- The fact that Mourinho constantly choose 30+ year old veterans at wing backs in Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young shows that our youngsters in those positions arenâ€™t good enough. Hope he sort this out soon.
- I sincerely hope Fellaini be gone.
- We need to buy some decent midfielders.
- Manchester United still one, if not the, biggest football club in the world, and will continue to be a major force that able to attract some of the best football talents in the world.
Next season will be fierce. We need to strengthen the squad, apply the right tactics and glue the team together to build a sustainable recognizable force. Mourinho has proven himself time and time again as a very capable manager who can build winning squads. I do believe heâ€™s the right man for the job.
However, judging from past Guardiolaâ€™s club career, if I am to place a bet in this website, itâ€™s safe to say that Manchester City will still the main contender for the league champion but Mourinho can cause a lot of upsets.
Hope weâ€™re good enough to win the league. Itâ€™s been a while since the last time.
Come on you Reds!